For once, question yourself, what attracts you to a restaurant? Ambiance? Location? Menu? Well, you would definitely revisit a restaurant, perhaps, if the menu is diverse and pocket-friendly. Every restaurant possesses a signature dish, which indeed becomes a part of its USP. It is a crucial brainstorming session for restaurant owners to decide upon the menu because that will make them stand out. While designing or arranging the menu for a particular eatery, one has to focus on different aspects; be it the pocket pinch, the region, the type; they have to be very specific and clear. One of the most efficient ways of deciding a food menu would be “Truth in menu.” It covers the entire process of organizing a menu card for a food hub.
- Remember the 2 Qs of restaurant management, Quality, and Quantity. One has to be picture perfect while deciding upon these aspects. Everybody under the sun wants good food in a reasonable quantity that will not burn a hole in their pockets, hence in your initial years, follow this theory to be the talk of the town!
- Focus on different regions is not an easy task, but you can surely fit in various cuisines to maintain diversity the moment one has a look into your menu.
- Do not forget to add a quirky element to your menu; people love names that they can relate to, alongside giving an accurate description of what they’ll put inside their tummies. That creates a good impression.
- Have your Chef’s special segment that looks and sounds appetizing.
- The food menu should have colors that ignite your customer’s cravings; hence attractive food pictures are a must!
- Do not forget to keep separate menus—one for the starters, main course, desserts and the other one for beverages or drinks.
- Do focus on different sectors of eaters, like the vegans, the lactose intolerant peeps, the vegetarians, the eggetarians, the sea food-allergic peeps, the keto diet people, etc.
Following these will actually help you make a mark in the restaurant sector because you will be serving the different communities of eaters; hence best of luck!